To apply for a suitable position at FMC, explore our Current Opportunities. Alternatively, you could pro-actively submit your CV and we will get in touch with you once a suitable opportunity arises. To submit your CV, please fill in the form below:
About the organisation:
The Foundation for MSME Clusters was conceptualized to contribute towards this process of cluster-based development of MSMEs and thus enhance their competitiveness, generate sustainable employment and alleviate poverty. We work across the value chain and local partners to implement programmes and assist institutions undertake effective and inclusive local economic development. We work with the international agencies, government and corporate sector. We have delivered services in 20 countries, but our major thrust remains India. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage qualified women to apply for the job opening.
FMC is implementing a project: “Promote Bamboo MSME Clusters for Sustainable Development” in 9 states (Viz: Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Tripura, Odisha, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand & Madhya Pradesh) in India with the overall objective of promoting bamboo as sustainable resource and generate green jobs for a period of 4 years. The project is designed to help local community and other stakeholders collaborate for the promotion of green economy, sustainable growth, economic prosperity and poverty reduction in India along with mitigation of climate change.
Specific objectives of the project are as follows:
1. Support enterprise development for sustainable supply of bamboo products and generate improved livelihoods
2. Promote select new bamboo products among high potential buyers
3. Sustain and upscale local initiatives through community-led multi-stakeholder development models
4. Promote sustainable linkages between financial institutions and local enterprises.
5. Strengthen policy dialogue and dissemination of proven development models relevant for bamboo sector
To implement and coordinate the local action in these 9 states, FMC seeks outstanding candidates who are known for their excellence in project management, action implementation, capacity building, research, professionalism, integrity and commitment.
• Coordinate the cluster activities under the guidance of the Reporting Manager. Undertake survey, baseline, prepare business plans, monthly & quarterly progress reports, implement project activities, support Reporting Manager for Monitoring & Evaluation of the action plan and facilitate learning; prepare other communication and publication materials for the EU Switch Asia Bamboo Project.
• Identify technical and non-technical needs of the cluster; implement skill development programmes, design & prototype development, & exposure visits; prepare business plan and facilitate financial linkages; identify buyers and create market linkages; facilitate linkages with service providers, technical institutions, etc.; mobilise stakeholders to form a Producer Network, help them prepare action plan and implement revenue generating activities, facilitating bamboo based enterprise grounding
• Promote financial and market linkages of cluster stakeholders in the EU Switch Asia Bamboo Project.
• Ensure the successful achievement of the output and outcomes envisaged in the project log frame of the EU Switch Asia Bamboo Project.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the reporting manager for the Promotion of related FMC activities.
Remuneration:Monthly remuneration shall be made on submission of timesheet (person days) and monthly progress report. The timesheet must reflect days spent mentioned in the deliverables above and other remuneration- Will be reimbursed on actual. Prior approval for such expenditure needs to be taken from the reporting manager
Interested candidates can send their resumes to [email protected]