To apply for a suitable position at FMC, explore our Current Opportunities. Alternatively, you could pro-actively submit your CV and we will get in touch with you once a suitable opportunity arises. To submit your CV, please fill in the form below:
• Ensure business orders generation from contemporary markets in big cities/ towns for handloom products (mainly) along with a few handicrafts’ products with a sales value of Rs 3 crores in one year and ensure timely payments to the sellers.
• Ensure execution of these business orders from the select artisans/ master artisans based in a few Artisan/MSME clusters in Bihar, Jharkhand, Telangana, UP, Assam, Karnataka (2 more states may be added)
Description of work
• Use existing buyers’ relationships at B2B level (textile retailers, exporters, design houses, artisan boutiques, and ethnic décor store chains) and build commercial relationships between sellers and buyers from the artisan clusters.
• Communicate the buyers’ requirements (designs/ colours/ technical specifications/ packaging/ timelines/ other logistic & commercial considerations) and provide all necessary support the artisans/ master-artisans/ local development professionals/ NGOs in the supplier clusters to ensure that the business orders are executed as per the requirements.
• Create a sales strategy and a road map for expanding the sales further to new markets including e-commerce, retail chain stores, new traders/ brands, buying houses, exporters etc. for future growth.
On contract for one year from the date of joining and subject to fulfilling the terms of employment. The contract is renewable on mutually agreed terms.
Graduate or Post-Graduate in any discipline
Essential Experience (Post Qualification)
1. At least 7, but preferably 10 years of experience in selling of handloom products along with a few handicraft items as well. S/he must have generated business orders of at least 2 Crores per annum in the recent past and ensured their on-time execution with payments received in time
2. Has very good business linkages and network with wholesale buyers, shops, and sourcing agents from leading brands/stores in India
3. Very good knowledge and understanding of the handloom/handicraft products, strong business linkages with artisans/ master artisans in their clusters/ supply base.
1. Strong analytical, and business communication skills (English, Hindi). S/he must have sound interpersonal behavioural skills.
2. Organizational skills between the buyers, sellers, logistics, designers, dyers etc. to ensure quality and timely delivery.
3. Willing and experience in extensive travel to the buyers and sellers (artisan clusters) locations
4. Business knowledge and awareness about the trends in the overall textile/handloom market scenario including the potential for the export market
5. Self-motivated, ability to flourish with minimal guidance, able to handle uncertainties
6. Knowledge and ability to handle billing, challan, tax implications (GST & others), returns, and banking procedures pertaining to the business
7. Must have represented the suppliers/ artisan groups or may have worked in a development organisation during his/her career
Note: Travel for at least 15 days in a month across India.
Interested candidates can send their resumes to [email protected] with an updated resume and a cover letter, clearly mentioning years of selling experience in relevant products and major clients handled.
Please write a paragraph about your motivation and why you believe that you are the right person for the job. Also please mention the expected emolument (fixed and incentive based) that you expect.
Only candidates with relevant qualification and experience will be shortlisted. The ones who do not qualify in the short-listing won’t be intimated due to expected high number of CVs.
FMC is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply. FMC does not discriminate qualified candidates based on age, caste, class, sex, gender, disability, religion, nationality, ethnicity, and disability.