The overall objective of the project is to promote bamboo as a sustainable resource and generate green jobs. The Action is designed to help local community and other stakeholders collaborate for the promotion of green economy, sustainable growth, economic prosperity and poverty reduction in India along with mitigation of climate change. The deliverables planned for the project are:
• Support enterprise development for sustainable supply of bamboo products and generate improved livelihoods.
• Create Market Linkages for high potential products.
• Strengthen local governance system and intermediaries
• Facilitate financial linkages
• Strengthen policy dialogue and dissemination of proven development models of bamboo sector.
This project has a strong research component focussing on mapping and selection of clusters, conducting baseline studies, Diagnostic Studies & Value chain assessment, preparation of business plans for enterprises, learning papers and policy briefs. These activities will be undertaken to get the overall understanding of the sector to contribute significantly in promoting these enterprises and improving their livelihood.